Book a Covid-19 vaccine appointment.
If you are in the eligible group, please book an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination. Follow the link below to book in.
Online Appointment Healthcare Platform | Swiftqueue
CoronaVirus - DO NOT ENTER THE BUILDING IF YOU HAVE A COUGH OR TEMPERATURE.
For more practice information about service changes and sick notes click HERE
A MESSAGE FOR ALL PATIENTS
ACCESSING YOUR GP SERVICES
- Your NHS services have a range of measures in place to keep you safe from COVID- 19 including regular cleaning of patient areas and social distancing. Please ensure you wear a face covering to your appointment.
- Face-to-face appointments are available to all patients where there is a clinical need. You will be asked to first discuss your conditions over the phone or online with a member of the healthcare team to assess what would be most appropriate for you and which practice member would best provide it.
- Most GP practices are also offering online consultations and video consultations, as well as telephone consultations. These can be convenient and flexible ways to receive healthcare. Where patients need to be seen by a health professional face-to-face, this will be arranged. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with your practice.
- General practice continues to offer care based on clinical need.
- General practice continues to offer cervical smears and childhood immunisations.
- Your practice is delighted to be undertaking the largest vaccination programme in the history of the NHS. They are balancing this programme with continuing to be open and managing your other clinical needs. Please do be reassured that if you need medical attention, your practice is here for you and will determine how to best support you, based on your symptoms.
- Please be polite and respectful, your GP and practice team are available and working hard to support you, your family and friends health and care needs.
- Visit the local pharmacy for clinical advice on minor health concerns
Three ways to seek healthcare advice from your GP
- Call your surgery to arrange an appointment. You will usually be assessed by a clinician on the telephone first, with face-to-face care arranged if clinically needed. If you have a preference about how to access care you can discuss it with your practice.
- For urgent issues or out of hours, you can also call the NHS on 111 or go online to seek NHS advice nhs.uk
- Download the NHS App to order repeat prescriptions and get health advice.
Attending a face-to-face appointment
If you are asked to come into the surgery for a face-to-face appointment, please remember to wear a face covering. Measures are in place to keep you safe from infection during your visit to the surgery. If you have a disability or condition which means you cannot wear a face covering or cannot communicate with someone who is wearing a face mask, or require other adjustments before your appointment, please let the surgery know ahead of your arrival.
The NHS is currently vaccinating those people who experts have agreed will benefit from it the most. A vaccination programme of this size and scale will still take some time to complete. Please be assured that everyone who needs the vaccine will be offered it. The NHS will be in touch with you when it is your turn to be vaccinated. Please don’t call us before you are invited. In the meantime, you can get information about the COVID-19 Vaccination online at www.nhs.uk/covidvaccination.
Our staff are working extremely hard to provide services and care and we would like to thank our patients for your continued support.
We strongly advise you all to follow the latest government guidelines and refer to https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ for any advice you need regarding Covid-19.
Dr Karen Hambleton
On behalf of Derby Road Health Centre
PLEASE BE AWARE THERE IS A BUZZER FOR ACCESS
IF YOU HAVE TO COME TO THE SURGERY.
Find us on Instagram
Welcome to Derby Road Health Centre
We are an award winning NHS GP practice located in the Lenton area of Nottingham City. Through this website we aim to provide a comprehensive view of all our available services well as other health related information.
With patients' needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
We are accepting new patients that live within the practice boundary which covers Lenton, City Centre, The Park, Wollaton and parts of Bilborough and Beechdale. It you are unsure if you can register with us please ask the reception staff who will be able to advise you accordingly.
Do you have something good to say about the practice?
Please CLICK HERE and please leave a comment.
(Site updated 09/06/2021)