You should receive a letter this week if you have not already received one. Please see the information below to ensure you are getting the right help.
Highest Clinical risk Group (1.5 million)
- All patients at highest clinical risk who are shielding are asked to register to the Government Support website. This service provides access to food and medications whilst at home if needed.
- To access this, patients must be flagged as highest clinical risk by the central process, their GP or a hospital specialist.
- Please note, there may be a short delay between the flag being applied and support arriving but we are doing our very best to ensure that this is carried out as soon as possible.
- · NHS Volunteer Responders: we can submit a live referral for an individual that needs support or an NHS service that requires volunteers providing they meet the referring criteria.
- Health at home – is a webpage that gives an overview of NHS services that are available, such as how to order repeat prescriptions online and get them delivered (https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHSreferral).
- Public Health England have provided some guidance on looking after mental health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Local councils are working with voluntary sector organisations and local communities to support residents in the response to COVID-19. Look at: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council, where you can locate your council and associated website for more information.
- The government has also provided advice on employment and financial support on their website: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Further guidance information can be found at: Public Health England- Shielding